Why are these expressions so difficult to say? Especially to those you really want to say them to? Prior to moving away to a different city for college, I hardly said these three expressions to my parents, especially in a direct manner. I would save them for appropriate and special occasions - birthdays, holidays, whenever I caused worry by not calling and coming home late, etc. After a few years have passed and my love and appreciation for my parents have grown exponentially, I catch myself saying these expressions more often than I ever expected. It has caught me by surprise, but in a positive way. As awkward and challenging as it is in the beginning, it is rewarding and has made me realize it is better late than never. Especially when I know they deserve to hear these three simple, yet powerful, expressions.
--
a
1 comments:
the last one is still the hardest. :T
Post a Comment