I took a little trip to Petsmart yesterday evening with S. With her cute new pup and also the new love of my life, we entered the world where all pets are welcome, aquariums rainbow full of fish, squeaky and shiny new toys for furry four-legged friends, and that distinct smell of pet food combined with the lasting whiffs of all the pets that have come and gone through the store. I attempted to keep count of how many times S was stopped with compliments over her new pup. Considering she was showered with at least 5 compliments within the first 10 minutes of our arrival... I sort of lost track. And besides, I was too occupied trying to pick out my new little pets. Idealistically, I would like to raise a kitten + puppy together (so they can be friends) right now, but considering the lack of time, funds, and space I have ... I opted for an easier and cheaper solution: FISH! I have about 5 goldfish at my home back in Atlanta, spaced out in two different tanks. At first glance, they look like ordinary goldfish, and that they are. I won most of them at a carnival during my freshman year of high school. But the unique thing about them is that .. they are still alive. I mean, aren't goldfish supposed to have a lifespan of a year or something? Haha. SCRATCH THAT. I just googled lifespans of goldfish and the oldest one lived to be 43 years old! Sheesh. Haha anyways, I decided to purchase a few to bring more life into my room (flowers just don't cut it sometimes). I ended up getting three and placing them into a classic glass goldfish bowl. One of them I named Garfield. Still thinking about the other two... Any suggestions?
2 comments:
i want to see! i'm horrible at naming pets. will you be taking them with you this summer?
btw. i love your header...you've got to make me one someday.
Post a Comment