5.27.2009

On to Folk + Soul

I find myself announcing this everywhere, but one more time for blogger: I AM OUT OF MY ELECTRONICA MUSIC PHASE. Favorites from this phase: Ratatat, Cut Copy, Postal Service, Yelle, Uffie, MGMT, Goldfish, Telepopmusik, Koop, Owl City. I'll be back listening to them later, for sure.

But for now, it's time to branch into other genres. Currently, I am really loving folk + soul. Namely, AMOS LEE. Recs from Glor include: She + Him, Bon Iver, Wolftron, Baird Caner, Fiona Apple, Bright Eyes, Jenny Lewis, Johnathan Rice, Voxtrot.

Any other recs?

-- edit --

Speaking of folk, Iron + Wine released a new album called "Around the Well" - a collection of rare tracks ranging from out-of-print to to never-before-released. Free downloads on their site.

--another edit--

Add indie rock to my new phase :) The Virgins, Whitest Boy Alive, and The Killers' new stuff is what I'm loving so far.

1 comments:

Gloria said...

word! iron + wine.. very good i'm going to download this

btw i forgot to add fleet foxes and cassino and you know damien rice right?

Post a Comment