I picked up a vintage Atlanta postcard back from the 1950s the other day. Can you believe postage was only 1 PENNY back then? Ridic. This postcard, along with 2 other ones from Boston + Chicago, were the only 3 purchases I made when I ventured myself over to the SoWa Market/Antiques Market. The vendors at the open market were a BIT disappointing...but the antiques market was incredible. Full of costume jewelry, old rustic maps of the world, beautifully aged furniture, and just...so much more! They're open every Sunday so go take a looksie. Not to mention, exploring the area is something I believe every Boston resident, permanent or not, should do. It's a whole new little world over there. :)
So with this postcard find, along with other factors throughout that day...I have concluded that I need to go home as soon as I possibly can. This has probably been the longest I've gone without going home and seeing my family. [haha yes, join my pity party please] Granted, I will be going for a few weeks in August but that literally seems years away to me. This weekend seems like the only time I'll have until then, so a spontaeous adventure going home is in order. I just hope I can make a standby flight (*crossing fingers*). All I want to do for 48 hours at home is sleep, be absolutely and ridiculously lazy, eat my mom's mucking afazing homecooked meals, play with my brother's cat that hates me, eat Chick-fil-A, order a sweet tea and/or cheesy grits without getting stared at like I'm crazy, see my bffers D and take pictures together like we've never had cameras before, go drink coffee with my dad, and hit up my favorite natural spots around home. Basically go home to recharge my batteries (I'm pretty low on love + passion lately). Is that too much to ask for? Maybe, but the glimmer of hope I am getting is enough to ease me about being homesick (which, btw came out of NOWHERE). Le sigh. And now that I even mentioned the idea to the 'rents, they want me to come more than I want to go. Haha, oh I love them so.
--edit--
TICKETS HAVE BEEN BOUGHT! I'll be home sweet home from the 19-21 :) I am excited....beyond belief.


1 comments:
going home?? good for you! i'm sure it's much deserved. have fun and enjoy yourself!
Post a Comment