6.11.2009

New Music

I haven't been doing a very good job of leaving my electro phase. I still listen to it most, and keep discovering new songs + artists I love. Little Boots is one of them. I first heard her "New in Town" remix by Emil + Friends on Electro Rash. I stumbled upon her site today and discovered she just released a new album called Illuminations! You can get a taste of her stuff with a free mixtape on her site.

Black Eyed Peas' new album called The E.N.D. [The Energy Never Dies] is definitely worth listening to. Half their tracks are lacking...something and can come off as a little cheesy, but that's pretty much why I love them - they always send a positive message through their music. Some of my favorite tracks are Showdown (the subtle background beats remind me a little bit of Ratatat), Imma Be, Meet Me Halfway, and One Tribe.


Something a little electro, something a little pop, and a whole lot of fun. Just in time for summer! Discovery is the side project of Vampire Weekend's Rostam Batmanglij and Ra Ra Riot's Wes Miles. Currently obsessed with Swing Tree.
Discover more of Discovery here.

side note: props to their CD cover artist - I feel like it is summer in a square :]
A live concert performed at Yale by Girl Talk has been leaked.
Favorites: I'm Ill, Hands in the Air, Don't Quit, Pump That Shit Up, Swagga Like Us, Shoulda Put a Ring On It
Wow - I would give anything to be at one of his concerts.


MGMT finally released an official video for their song Kids.


0 comments:

Post a Comment