project one: take a food photo and translate the images into text [only black + white]. final result will be printed onto plate
project two: create a personal monogram. with that monogram, create a pattern with a maximum of 2 colors apart from black + white. final result will be a poster sized stand up booklet with a personal bio, photo, personally designed page layout, and the monogram pattern on the other side
project three: design a poster for a museum - already existing or a made up one
project four: a series of 10 postcards of new york experience but correlated with a given poem (mine is "New York at Sunrise")
project five: design a book cover playing with typography [only in black + white]
upcoming ones: linograph cards made with photos from a field trip to coney island, creating/designing/branding a store in new york and making prototypes
---
It's only been 9 days since I've been in class and I'm already on my 5th project!! This is foreal GD bootcamp. Granted, I really enjoy all my projects and can't wait to see all the final results put together, but it's a LOT of work (hence the major lack of blog entries). The rest of my spare time is spent making the most of my temporary stay in NYC through exploring, eating, and hanging out with friends who are around! Perhaps I am still in the honeymoon stage of my impression of the city, but I absolutely love it here and am really hoping to return more permanently post-graduation.
On another note, I can't wait for all the visitors to come this weekend! Boston friends + friends from home! Yipee :)
3 comments:
iiiiiiiiii told you!
wowww everything sounds so cool! but those are a lot of projects!!! i'm sure you are just overwhelmed by all sorts of inspiration in new york though :)
you are going to have SUCH a great portfolio after parsons...!
wheee alli! that is sooo exciting... im in jerz so call me anytime okay? lets catch up, i wanna hear about all this fun stuff youre doing!! <3
Post a Comment