--
Currently: in my Graphic Design class - taking a break from drawing and sketching different renderings of a household icon (mine is a tea strainer). It's a tedious process and the project is a LOT more challenging than I originally gave it credit for (I mean, really? spending 5+ weeks on ONE object? ...). Drawing is not my forte but this is definitely expanding my horizons in terms of how I perceive an object and allowing myself to look beyond my initial reaction to the design. I made a tweet earlier while I was drawing, saying that I should stop choosing things I love for projects because they eventually become the bane of my existence (yes, like cupcakes SK - haha). The process is tough but I am going to stay hopeful and optimistic for the end result.
Before I get back to drawing, I want to share this amazing tea bag design based on origami principles. It was directed by Russian artist Natalia Ponomareva. The bird folds + unfolds as the tea infuses. I would love to add this to my tea collection!
1 comments:
what?? comment never got through???
i think we should start making our coffee sessions into tea sessions hehe... that is of course once you are done agonizing over tiny wire mesh balls for your class :)
LOVE having you as my neighbor. Such a great support system - it's like having a security blanket! hehe
Post a Comment