10.27.2009

Autumn Apples

This past Sunday, I had the lovely opportunity to drive outside the city with a home friend for a breath of fresh air. Destination in mind? Tougas Farm. Apparently one of the top ten apple picking orchards in the country! We got lucky because it was the last day of the season to pick out fresh apples. There were fifteen varieties to pick from, all ranging from Cameo to Topaz to Fuji to Golden Delicious. We stuck with Fuji and Cameo. :) Unfortunately, my camera battery died after only a few photos, but I definitely took a lot of mental pictures and I have to say it was one of the most beautiful days ever! It was very refreshing after a gloomy week in Boston. After being stuffed with homemade apple donuts, apple cider, and fresh apples...I still can't say I'm sick of apples. They're too delicious (and nutritious!). An apple pie is on my mind using the Cameo apples. And perhaps with vanilla ice cream on top? Mmm. Recipe will be posted if it's a success!

Other noteworthy activities of the day: Almost falling off the orchard ladder, riding a tractor, feeding goats, stuffing way too many apples into our bag that it literally overflowed, and realizing that PUMPKINS GROW ON TREES?!?

1 comments:

Sydney H. Oh said...

too cute! Sounds like a really fun day. :)

Post a Comment