10.11.2009

Tea Strainer Icon

Here is the final product of my first project in Graphic Design class. I had to choose a household icon and start off by sketching it multiple times in different angles and under different lights. After deciding which angle and highlights to use, I translated the image onto the computer using Adobe Illustrator, and only using black and white. It took a little more than 5 hours to get what I have below but I have to say I'm pretty happy with it and my professor and classmates critiqued it positively.
I'm looking forward to the next few phases of this ongoing project. We're basically going to "fuck it up" by deconstructing the icon - taking parts off, manipulating the image, translating it into a different image, creating patterns, and making a story out of it with text. I have an amazing idea that came to me from a friend's comment so I am excited to get started on it.

2 comments:

SK said...

that looks awesome!!! i thought it was a picture of the real thing! wow!

MICHELLE said...

Wow, this is awesome! I totally thought it was a photo at first.

Post a Comment