12.26.2009

Inspiration (+ then some)

What is your constant source of inspiration?

---

Mine? It's hard for me to pin down one specific source because I feel like I'm constantly feeding off the world around me, in both tangible and intangible forms. My Google Reader is an endless abyss of inspiring blogs that I turn towards for refreshing photos, thoughts, ideas, and cultural tidbits. Books, music, film, and art are other tangible things that never fail to stir my emotions. It always moves me when a song comes up as if the artist is specifically speaking to me with their lyrics, or when a book tells a story as if it were taken from my own life, or when a piece of art is so beautiful that I feel like dropping all my plans so I can aspire to become a full-time artist. The people in my life are probably my biggest source of inspiration... They let me feed off their intellect, their talents, their gifts. Basically, I'm easily inspired. It's a blessing and a curse, just as my ambition is. That's how I came up with "easily inspired, overly ambitious, and always striving" for my personal tagline. The last portion is especially important to me since I believe there is no such thing as reaching for the "best" and then settling with it. There's always more to be done. There's always more to be attained. There's always more to be given. I feel like inspiration has an amazing ability to reach everyone's hearts and minds so that their potential can be reached. It's a shame to see talented individuals turn towards another path, away from their passions and gifts, so they can reach financial security, high social status, or to please people in their lives. I'm definitely in and out of this category, but I hope to strive towards becoming someone who can channel all my sources of inspiration to evoke the same sort of spark in others. I'm uncertain with the details of this plan, but all I know is inspiration is an amazing feeling that should be listened to as much as possible, and just trusting great things will eventually be produced from it.

2 comments:

Lisa K said...

Lovely, Allison! I just need to find mine! Keep following them, Al.

misscindee said...

i love this entry Alli. You have a good way of expressing yourself.

Post a Comment