1.25.2010

little goals for a big year

2010.

It's going to be a good year, I feel it! With graduation closely approaching and the future unknown, I am sort of traveling through this wave of uncertainty, but I am making sure to keep a postive atttitude stronger than ever. I officially started job hunting this weekend, so please keep me in your thoughts!

The first month of 2010 is almost at its end, but I don't think it's too late to set some goals for the year. Rather than setting resolutions and listing what I would like to fix, I made a collective resolution to: be better.

These little goals serve more as accomplishments I would like to strive towards:

-Participate in at least 3 charity walks/runs. (The first one will be the Super Sunday 5K which supports the Lance Armstrong Foundation. Fun from last year's experience with amazing sponsors!)
-Cut my coffee addiction.
-Volunteer at least once a month.
-Read at least 10 books.
-Learn at least 12 recipes and create a recipe book. (I'm planning on designing + printing it one day!)
-Polish my writing skills through more blogging.
-Brush up on and improve my Korean + French.
-Conquer ignorance by reading/watching more news.
-No more snoozing. Get up the first time.
-Email long-distance friends at least once a month with updates.
-Save. Pay off credit card debt.
-Yoga at least once a week.

Okay, those are all for now! I was about to take a turn and go for cheesy goals like LOVE, and BE KIND, and SHARE, but those are things that are basically a given, so I refrained. :)

Cheers to an upcoming amazing year.

2 comments:

Dianasaur said...

These goals are awesome Allison!! Let me know if you need a buddy to go on the charity runs, I'd love to go!

misscindee said...

hi Alli,

Its great to hear how excited and enthusiastic you are about 2010. I love that kind of energy. I like your list of goals. Id like to go to yoga class at least once a week as well. I've been spending a lot of time at the gym that I've neglected yoga totally. Time to befriend it again.

I dont remember how I stumbled upon your blog but I did and since I've never visited before I wanted to say hi. Just passing by =)

Cindee

Post a Comment