1.16.2010

Wilde + Sato

I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.
Scepticism is the beginning of Faith.
Experience is the name every one gives to their mistakes.
I put all my genius into my life; I put only my talent into my works.
Who, being loved, is poor?
Ordinary riches can be stolen, real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you.
A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.
If one cannot enjoy reading a book over and over again, there is no use in reading it at all.
The critic has to educate the public; the artist has to educate the critic.
Nothing is so aggravating than calmness.
The final mystery is oneself.
Illusion is the first of all pleasures.
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.
Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation.
If you are not too long, I will wait here for you all my life.
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
---
photos: Yuli Sato
quotes: Oscar Wilde

0 comments:

Post a Comment