Some highlights were meeting an elephant dad+baby (only 2 months old) and loving how the baby kept trying to wrap its trunk around my arm (I was truly full of joy at that very moment), trekking through water and a jungle atop an elephant, rafting through a still lake, being pulled by a pair of oxes, amazing food, enjoying traditional Thai drummers, an island getaway via speedboat (wowza was it scary riding in the front - it felt like a constant rollercoaster while getting splashed), drinking coconut water straight out of the coconut, wading through ocean waves and feeling sand underneath my feet, meeting the sweetest beach dog, R+R on the beach, ziplining through a lush rainforest like Tarzan + Jane, getting stuck in the middle of a really high zipline and being rescued by the tour guide who purposely made me get stuck (seriously feared for my life for those two minutes floating in the air), the amazing hotel we stayed at with even more amazing hospitable staff, renting bicycles to get an aromatherapy massage (the BEST massage, hands down), enjoying traditional Thai curry at a local restaurant, and of course, constantly being in the company of my best friend + boyfriend, Kit.
It was a way-too-fast whirlwind of amazing memories and although I am itching to go back and struggling at work because of it, I am so thankful and reminded how blessed I was to have had the opportunity to visit such a beautiful country.
And besides, the adventures haven't stopped. Kit + I are heading to Korea's famous "Jeju Do" next weekend. So. excited.
0 comments:
Post a Comment