P.s. I'm working on a new project/website called "Enamored With" - it'll be my new home to showcase my work and to be a source of inspiration. But I'll still be using this blog for personal thoughts, like this post. :) I'll update again about the launch date! Thanks for reading. xo.
2.28.2012
Joy Thigpen's Styling Workshop 2012
I had to pinch myself at the thought of what good fortune I ran into. Three days before the already sold-out workshop began, I randomly decided to email Joy asking for some advice and tips. I felt a connection with her when I read she used to live in Boston and now lives in Atlanta. Little did I know, that small connection sparked into something unbelievably amazing. After being presented with an opportunity to attend the workshop and after some deliberation, I decided to follow my gut and say yes! BEST decision ever. Those three days spent at Serenbe, GA with an intimate group of talented, creative, and like-minded people really shifted my perspective about creating beauty and the whole wedding industry, itself. I won't leak the information and advice Joy shared with us (because I respect her and you just need to experience it first-hand next time!), but I do want to share one thing that really stuck with me. She encouraged us to ask ourselves, "What makes you come alive? What can you spend hours doing and get so lost in that you don't even realize you didn't eat/sleep?" She told us to pay attention to the things we love and go after it HARD - and to not feel guilty because it's not a selfish thing we're doing. This has been something I've been struggling with, but it was so encouraging to hear that she went through the same struggles and decided to come out of it chasing her dreams because that is who we are ultimately MADE to be. She is such a beautiful person, both inside + out, and I am so glad I made the decision to join her! The workshop was exactly what I needed in this season of my life: inspiration, confirmation, motivation, and encouragement. I just have a sense that following my dreams + passions will ALWAYS be a good idea, and only better things will come out of it. And although I can't see what is directly in front of me, I'm completely trusting I have made the right turn + am really looking forward to what's to come!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comments:
Alison! So lovely to get to meet you this past weekend! I'm feeling equally inspired and excited about the future, it really was a very special workshop! Looking forward to following your adventures! Ciara :)
Post a Comment