I value it.
I love it.
I can't live without it.
If I could, I would do it all day long.
Sleep.
---
But a recent realization I had was actually a sort of flash forward in life.
I saw myself as a wrinkly old woman sitting on a rocking chair, on a beautiful balcony atop a beautiful house, reflecting on life.
What did I see?
I saw myself as I am today.
Someone with potential, desires, ambition, dreams, hopes, and a future.
The world as my oyster.
And then I saw what I did with my time.
Eat, work, play, sleep.
Too much sleep.
Too much of doing nothing.
And not enough of doing something.
I'm talking about sleep outside the boundaries of its definition.
I'm talking about sleep as apathy; as indifference; as grey.
And what I saw and felt was regret.
For sleeping in.
More than I have to.
And more than I should.
The best part of this realization?
The will and power to do something about it.
Right now.
--
a
1 comments:
i totally agree! as they say, you have the time to sleep when u're dead! but yeah sleep takes away from cool stuff from happening, but when u're crazy busy all u want is that 1 hour to rest. crazy!
but yes follow away! makes me happy when someone wants to follow....i want a fan club...=)
Post a Comment