6.28.2009

First Full Day


More documentation of my summer in NYC experience..! Today was a LONG day. I was planning on waking up early to go run a few miles in Central Park, but that was a fail. Instead, Hannah + I decided to grab a quick drink and bite to eat and run the rest of our errands before classes start tomorrow. We met up with my childhood best friend, Lisa, in Union Square. As always, it was amazing seeing her again (seeing home friends in different environments is so unique). We passed by the gay pride festival along 5th Avenue as we searched for the Parsons bookstore and the art store. Grabbed the million supplies I need from Utrecht, among other miscellaneous stores along the way. After we dropped our stuff back off at home, we met up with Martin in SoHo. We got lost because I led the way and made the wrong turn, so we ended up walking in a huge loop (oops) but we got to Lombardi's Pizza safe and hungry. The red peppers + sausage pizza was yum. As well as the dessert at Pinkberry. We wandered around a bit but split soon thereafter. After coming home and attempting to take a quick nap, I met up with a few friends from Chicago + Boston at the central fountain in Washington Square Park. We walked over to St. Mark's where Clara showed us a really cool bar located in a super obscure and hole-in-the-wall place. I can't wait to take friends there. Tiring day overall, but well worth it. I know this is overrated and this is only my first full day of living here, but I love New York.

0 comments:

Post a Comment