10.11.2009

Four Years Ago

My first true loss... The unforgettable feeling of having someone I loved dearly taken away from me. I can't believe it's already been four years -- it feels just like yesterday when my grandma was still living with me at home in Georgia and taking care of me and my brother while my parents were at work. She was the only grandparent I had and she was basically my second mom. She taught me many great lessons about life -- from determination and endurance, to love and happiness. The times I would get into arguments with my parents, she would be the bridge that would hold us together. She would remind me to be obedient but she would always try to talk towards my favor. She always had the best intentions in mind for me and my brother, yet we were too juvenile and disobedient at the time to appreciate her for all she did. It hurts me to think we did the exact opposite -- refuse food she would cook for us and get irritated when she couldn't do something on her own. It pierces my heart, to be honest...looking back at myself and how I used to be towards her. All she ever did was love and try to show it in the most selfless way possible, yet I wouldn't accept it all the time. I was too young to understand. A lot of pain was experienced with her loss, but more than anything she has left her gift of life and lessons with me and my family. She taught me and molded me with a lot of the traits she had herself and that is a constant reminder of where I came from, and who I am forever indebted to.
Missing you everyday Halmunee.
[RIP 10.11.05]
---

For everything there is a season,
And a time for every matter under heaven:
A time to be born, and a time to die;
A time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted;
A time to kill, and a time to heal;
A time to break down, and a time to build up;
A time to weep, and a time to laugh;
A time to mourn, and a time to dance;
A time to throw away stones, and a time to gather stones together;
A time to embrace, And a time to refrain from embracing;
A time to seek, and a time to lose;
A time to keep, and a time to throw away;
A time to tear, and a time to sew;
A time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
A time to love, and a time to hate,
A time for war, and a time for peace.

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8