As I was walking over to work, I had a little epiphany. I wasn't thinking about anything in particular - I was just observing little things around me. A coke bottle caught my eye. Not because it was the Coca-Cola brand or anything, but because the packaging looked different (haha here I go again with package design). This bottle wasn't even that particularly different, but it looked like the retired Vanilla Coke... Turned out it was just a label that was out in the sun for too long.
So back to my little epiphany.
I realized I tend to question a lot of things that are man-made. Package designs, products, services, buildings, paintings, sculptures, movies, etc. But when it comes to things that have already been placed onto the earth like the sky, grass, trees, mountains, rivers, flowers, animals, soil, etc., I just look at them, appreciate, and that's it. No questions asked. Maybe because it was instilled in me from birth that God made everything so all my questions have already been answered. Or maybe it's because I truly can't see any flaws in natural things. With man-made things, I appreciate them, but I still spot many blunders and imperfections.
This little epiphany I had sort of reactivated my belief, my faith in God, and my purpose in life. It's amazing what walks can do. I also believe I've been thinking with this perspective because Easter is coming up and I am just constantly being reminded of reasons why I believe in the things I do and why I should go back to strengthening my faith. The very first verse in the Bible says: "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth... God saw all that he had made, and it was very good." (Genesis 1:1) It's crazy trying to picture what that world looked like - without anything man-made. All I can imagine is perfection.
Anyways, I usually try not to insert anything too personal onto my blog since it's public, but this is just something I wanted to share. And perhaps a way to stay more accountable with my faith? Either way, I hope to seek and embrace more of these opportunities to keep rooting my faith because in the end...God is good.
0 comments:
Post a Comment