For my Drawing2 class this morning, a guest artist came in and asked us to participate in a workshop he's conducting throughout the city of Boston. He's basically collecting map drawings from a large sample size and creating what exactly? Not sure yet - but I think it's going to turn out to be a cool project. It was nice getting his personal insight of his work - I like his perspective in that he doesn't create art for it to last forever; he does it to represent life and how all things eventually come to an end.
His work can be found at his website: http://www.jessekaminsky.com/ Very interesting and unique installations. This video below is titled "Failure" and plays a short animation of a series of photocopies: a photocopy of a photocopy of a photocopy, etc.
On another note, when I hear maps... I always think of these two songs:
"We Have a Map of the Piano" by múm
"Maps" by Yeah Yeah Yeahs
P.S. for those of you around Northeastern University, I'll have a huge mural put up in exactly 2 weeks at Ryder Hall on the 4th floor. More details to come but come check it out!
0 comments:
Post a Comment