4.11.2010

Preview of Project

Here's a sneak peek of my final project for Drawing 2. I'm so thankful that this class didn't require any still drawings because I am pretty terrible at it. Instead, my professor encourages repetition, composition, patterns, and meaning through personal exploration. After spending more than half the semester exploring different mediums and shapes, I've decided to use triangle stencils to create my final piece. The final mural will be about 7' x 7' and will be hung up for a very fleeting amount of time this Thursday morning (competing with other art classes for space in the building).

This piece is actually dedicated to someone really special to my life. He doesn't know it's for him yet and I'm only planning on showing him when it's done. All the different colors are supposed to represent different distractions and issues going on in his life and he's supposed to represent the big black mark getting all tangled up in them. There's a point where the black mark gets really twisted and coiled up and it just looks like a crazy mess. But at the end of the piece, you'll see the black mark unweaving itself and making a mark completely on its own on a blank white sheet. An updated photo will be taken of the final piece this week. Stay tuned!

1 comments:

SK said...

Wow it's so cool to look at!

Post a Comment