I watched "The Cove" last night and was so shocked by the harsh reality of the shady things that go on around the world. This documentary shed light on a particular town in Japan called Taiji, where thousands of dolphins are chosen as captives for entertainment purposes, or are slaughtered for their meat. More than what goes on in that cove, it was more disturbing to know that most of the people in Japan didn't even know what was going on in Taiji. This documentary and the team behind it did an incredible job of revealing Japan's hunting culture, and to inform the public about the increasing hazard of mercury poisoning from seafood.
I also loved how Hayden Panettiere made a 10 second appearance. :]
To help, visit: http://www.takepart.com/thecove
1 comments:
Yeah, this documentary rocked my world. I stopped eating seafood after seeing this - I know that's a little extreme, but it's scary what mercury can do to you! I love when movies break ground on issues many don't know about.
Post a Comment