3.18.2009

Plans

Plans are always good to have, right? They're like a security blanket for me. Even though plans are not foolproof and can go awry at any moment in time, they allow me to feel easy about the future. They give me assurance and confidence because they remind me that everything I am doing now once used to be just plans. Everything from dreamy thoughts in my own little world, rigid pieces of paperwork with my signatures on them, or threads of conversation with my parents and friends. It's pretty cool seeing how my life has evolved through these little plans of mine - everything from attending college, to studying/working abroad, to gaining real work experience, and to finding and building relationships with all sorts of people. Of course the older I get, the more I realize how much bigger and more ambitious my plans get. Some extravagent and basically untouchable, others within easy reach, and some that fall somewhere in between to keep me challenged and going. All I can really hope for is that I execute all the plans that I genuinely have in mind for myself. If not, then I suppose I should start making a new list of Plan Bs. Back-up plans are always good to have also, right?
--
a

1 comments:

SK said...

i like to take my dreams and make plans so that i can achieve them :)

Post a Comment